Drury Wind Symphony and Orchestras Audition Information
Audition Info/Materials will be posted in early August!
1. Find and print-out your part following the instructions below
2. Visit the Orchestra/Wind Symphony AND SDCO DU Guides to listen to mp3s of the audition material, all taken from works we'll play this year!!
(Note--these sites require a PASSWORD=dumusic)
Wind Symphony and Orchestra DU GUIDE (includes WInd Symphony part files)
SDCO DU GUIDE (includes Orchestra part files)
3. Try to perform your audition at the tempi demonstrated by the recordings; if not possible, please perform at your maximum SECURE tempo!
AUDITION MATERIAL BY INSTRUMENT GROUP
Woodwind/Brass/Percussion/Harp/Piano (Visit the Orch/WS DU Guide to download/print parts for the Macura Symphony No. 1 AND Bryant Ecstatic waters [print entire part, but prepare ONLY mvt. 3 for your audition])
1. See the "Pre-Audition" Roster on the WS/Orch DUGUIDE
2. Download/Print the Macura and Bryant part(s) you are pre-assigned (may change after auditions)
3. You are responsible for preparing the entire Macura, mvt. 3 only of the Bryant!
Strings (Visit the SDCO DU Guide to download/print your Concert I music: Respighi, Tchaikovsky, Dvorak)
1. Violin seating will be finalized after auditions; until then, all members play VLN 2 unless otherwise notified.
2. Audition material is derived from the Respighi and Tchaikovsky as below...
General Audition Information
Welcome to Drury! Please read below for important information about the audition process for our instrumental ensembles (wind symphony and orchestra).
FIRST, BE SURE TO SET-UP AND CHECK YOUR DU EMAIL!
AUDITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE DURING OUR OPENING REHEARSALS (DURING CLASS TIME)-NO SIGN-UPS
-All students audition at the beginning of each academic year.
-NEW MEMBERS AND ALL STRINGS will audition on the first day of classes (Tuesday, Aug. 23; Orchestra=Thursday, Aug. 20); RETURNING Wind Symphony member auditions will occur on Tuesday, August 30 (the fall audition also serves to confirm continuation of your activity grant [if applicable])
-See BOX on left for instrument-specific audition material instructions
-Auditions for the Drury Jazz Ensembles occur separately--please see the bulletin board next to O'Bannon 101 for more information or contact Dr. Tina Claussen.
Wind Symphony (No Instruments)=Tuesday, August 23, 4:00 PM, CTH
Orchestra=SDCO Rehearsal, Tuesday August 23, 6:30 PM