Drury Wind Symphony and Orchestras Audition Information
Audition Info/Materials will be available the weekend before school begins!
1. Find and print-out your part following the instructions below
2. Visit the Orchestra/Wind Symphony AND SDCO DU Guides to listen to mp3s of the audition material, all taken from works we'll play this year!!
(Note--these sites require a PASSWORD=dumusic)
Wind Symphony and Orchestra DU GUIDE (includes WInd Symphony part files)
SDCO DU GUIDE (includes Orchestra part files)
3. Try to perform your audition at the tempi demonstrated by the recordings; if not possible, please perform at your maximum SECURE tempo!
AUDITION MATERIAL BY INSTRUMENT GROUP
1. See the "Pre-Audition" Roster on the WS/Orch DUGUIDE
Strings (Visit the SDCO DU Guide to download/print your Verdi Otello music)
1. Violin seating will be finalized after auditions; until then, all members play VLN 2 unless otherwise notified.
General Audition Information
Welcome to Drury! Please read below for important information about the audition process for our instrumental ensembles (wind symphony and orchestra).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR DU EMAIL!
AUDITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE DURING THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF CLASSES-MORE INFORMATION TBA
-All students audition at the beginning of each academic year (the fall audition also serves to confirm continuation of your activity grant [if applicable]).
-See BOX on left for instrument-specific audition material instructions (to be posted the weekend before school begins).
-Auditions for the Drury Jazz Ensembles occur separately--please see the bulletin board next to O'Bannon 101 for more information or contact Dr. Tina Claussen.
Wind Symphony (No Instruments)=Tuesday, August 22, 4:00 PM, CTH
Orchestra (Strings Only)=Thursday, August 24, 4:00 PM