The purpose of Interlibrary Loan is to borrow books and obtain articles from journals not held in Olin Library for Drury University students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Before ordering a book through ILL make sure you have done a SWAN / MOBIUS search for the book. Remember it takes 10 – 14 days to fill your request through ILL and usually only 2-3 days through Swan or Mobius.
Swan/Mobius books have a 3 week loan with 2 renewals for 3 weeks additional each time. There is a a 1 day grace period for returning, then you are billed a $120 replacement fee for each overdue book.
Interlibrary Loan books and vidoes/DVDs usually have a 4 week loan period with 1 renewal of 2 weeks. Overdue fines are $.50 per day.
You are limited to having a maximum of 15 items regardless of whether the item is checked out from the Oline library or borrowed through Swan/Mobius or Interlibrary loan.
How to Request an Item: method #1
How to Request Materials
- First, verify that the material is not available in our library. Use our Journal Search for periodicals and the Online Catalog for books.
- Submit an online Request Form (Submit a separate form for each item you are requesting). If there are issues with the online form you can email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to avoid processing delays,
your email should include all the information required on the request
Book / Article Request Form
- You will be notified via the contact information you provided when your material arrives. Please contact Interlibrary Loan (417-873-7277) for information on your loan.
- You may not request an item that Drury owns, unless lost or missing. If the material you need is checked out, go to or call the circulation desk (417-873-7338) and have a recall issued.
- Many items will not be accessable through ILL; some libraries restrict the use of video, dvds, audio and other-noncirculating items. Copyright restrictions may also prevent many libraries from providing photocopies.
- Materials may take up to 2 weeks to arrive depending on processing and/or delivery.
How to Request an Item: method #2
If you do not find what you are looking for in the database you are searching, try clicking on the "Journal Finder" icon.
This link will either point you to that title within other databases that Drury has access (see the Other Drury DB tab for more help) to OR give you the message that : Olin Library does not have fulltext for this periodical.
Go back to the database and click on . Fill out the form and submit.