Drury Wind Symphony and Orchestras Audition Information
1. Determine and print-out your audition material following the instructions below
2. Visit the Drury Orchestra/Wind Symphony AND Springfield-Drury Civic Orchestra DU Guides to listen to the audition material (works we'll play this year).
(Note--these sites require a PASSWORD=dumusic)
Wind Symphony and Drury Orchestra DU GUIDE
SDCO DU GUIDE (includes Orchestra part files)
3. Try to perform your audition at the tempi demonstrated by the recordings; if not possible, please perform at your maximum SECURE tempo!
and sign-up for a Tu/We/Th audition time. If you CANNOT make any of those times, you may 'drop in' between 2-3 on Tuesday or Thursday this week.
5. Please have your instrument out/ready before your audition.
*6. All wind/brass auditions will be held in my office: Clara Thompson 250.
*7. Percussion auditions will be held NEXT M and TU (more information will be provided at our first meeting on Tuedsay).
AUDITION MATERIAL BY INSTRUMENT GROUP
WINDS AND PERCUSSION
-Download the "Fall 2017 WInd Symphony Audition Material" file below and print-out the page for your instrument (page 1 of the Maslanka Traveller)
-Listen to the piece per information above
1. Please prepare BOTH the timpani page AND the mallet percussion page (NOTE-If you are not particularly comfortable with mallet percussion, please pick a small segment of the audition page to demonstrate your level).
2. We'll talk about access to percussion instruments on Tuesday
1. If you are interested in being considered for piccolo, be prepared to play your excerpt on picc as well.
-Visit the SDCO DU GUIDE (per above) and download/print your complete part for Verdi's Otello (all violinists EXCEPT Kaela, Austin, and Matt should download Violin 2; violin seating will be finalized after auditions). NOTE-Otello is very long (more than 50 pages)!
-Prepare the first page of both Acts I and II (2 pages total)
-Listen to the portion of the opera containing your audition material per the instructions above
Welcome to Drury! Please read below for important information about the audition process for our instrumental ensembles (wind symphony and orchestra).
BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR DU EMAIL!
AUDITIONS WILL TAKE PLACE DURING THE FIRST FEW DAYS OF CLASSES-MORE INFORMATION TBA
-All students audition at the beginning of each academic year (the fall audition also serves to confirm continuation of your activity grant [if applicable]).
-See BOX on left for instrument-specific audition material instructions (to be posted the weekend before school begins).
-Auditions for the Drury Jazz Ensembles occur separately--please see the bulletin board next to O'Bannon 101 for more information or contact Dr. Tina Claussen.
Wind Symphony (No Instruments)=Tuesday, August 22, 4:00 PM, CTH
Orchestra (Strings Only)=Thursday, August 24, 4:00 PM