Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Book catalogs typically allow seaching by author name, the title of the book, the subject heading assigned to the book, or keyword.
- Author. Normally you enter the last name first.
- Title. Type in as much of the title as you know in correct sequence.
- Subject Heading. This is normally the most precise way to look for books by subject, but requires you to find out what the "official" subject term is. Any time you identify a book in the catalog that is on your topic, check the subject headings in the record to find out terms that may be of benefit. The subject headings in the record will be live links that you can search on.
- Keyword. This search strategy will ask the computer to find your term anywhere in a record--author, title, subject heading, notes, etc. It can be very handy for identifying a list of books whose subject headings you can then review. It can also help find narrower information contained in individual chapters.
Find Books, Videos, and Other Materials
The following catalogs are in order from the most local to global.
- Drury Catalog Search for books, videos, etc. held by Drury University.
- SWAN Search for books, etc. held by 9 colleges/universities in SW Missouri including Drury.
- MOBIUS Search for books, etc. held by 68 colleges/universities in Missouri (including Drury) plus 2 public and the State Library of Missouri.
- Public Library Springfield-Greene County Public (with a branch one block west of Drury).
- WorldCat Search for books, etc. held by libraries all over the world.
A note about Interlibrary Loan. If the book is in Drury, Swan or Mobius, you can request it yourself from within the catalog. From WorldCat, you can select ILL and request it as well. If the book must come from someplace besides a Mobius library or WorldCat, use the interlibrary loan form below. It is free, but you will have to pay for any overdue fines you incur.
- Interlibrary Loan - Fill out this form as fully as you can and submit it to our ILL dept. where they will borrow the book as quickly as possible.
Call # Ranges for Religion
BL - Religion, Mythology, Rationalism
BM - Judaism
BP - Islam. Bahaism. Theosophy, etc.
BQ - Buddhism
BR - Christianity
BS - Bible
BT - Doctrinal theology
BV - Practical theology
BX - Christian denominations
For a very complete list of the Library of Congress classification scheme (for call #s) see http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/lcco/